I mean I really want to know. I love soup season. Don’t know what to make… how about a soup? Have a lot of odds and ends to eat up before they go bad? Looks like soup is going to be your friend.
Don’t get me wrong I love summer. I just love soup about as much. So yesterday it was a little cloudy and I thought what a perfect time to make a soup. At 8pm. When my house wasn’t 80 degrees. I had been perusing thru Pinterest and a Chicken Jalapeno style soup kept catching my eye. All the ingredients were on hand so why not. Here is my Chicken Jalapeno Soup:
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil, or whatever you have on hand
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 5 Cloves garlic diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & finely diced
- 1 14oz can of Coconut Milk, Full Fat
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Diced cilantro & green onion for toppings
Stove Top Directions:
- In a soup pan pour in your oil and the chicken thighs. Mix together all the seasonings and pour half on your chicken while it is cooking up.
- While the chicken is cooking dice up your bell pepper, onion, garlic, jalepeno & toppings.
- Once the chicken is cooked pull out and let it rest before cutting into it.
- Throw in the veggies and get them softened about 5-7ish minutes.
- Dice the chicken after letting it rest about 5 minutes and throw back into the pot with the softened veggies.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds just to get it flavorful.
- Pour in the chicken broth and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Shake really well before opening the coconut milk and pouring it into the soup. Let it cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Dish up and throw those toppings on there for extra flavor and texture!
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Put everything except the coconut milk and toppings into the slow cooker. Turn on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn slow cooker onto High and pour in the heavily shaken coconut milk can. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes and then dish up
If you find the soup to be too spicy you can always use half a jalapeno, or crumble up some tortilla chips or add sour cream. Our household isn’t eating dairy so we just ate thru the heat and it was lovely!
Follow me here or on Facebook at Modern Wife Tale!
So I was lucky enough to catch the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight on Saturday night & I loved it. Boxing, fighting, MMA, wrestling all of it is so entertaining to me. Growing up I watched WWF and had a massive love of the show. Yeah I knew it was choreographed (I don’t blame them) but I loved the draw of the crowd. The hair, Continue reading
Was today a total eclipse of your heart? Or maybe your stomach? Haha! Did you see it? At our work today I watched it via live streaming on the old computer. I didn’t have the glasses and I wasn’t fancy enough to make Continue reading
Cherry crips – Yummy!
All these years I’ve had a cherry tree and never really picked much off of it. I mean, it’s just been there and I don’t have to maintain much of it. Chop back some branches but really that is it. And watering it, forget about it. We live Continue reading
Oh the fun! I’m crafty & I know it (no I don’t rock a fro wearing a Speedo – but it did make me think of the song). Not trying to brag but I know I can usually whip up something crafty, sometimes out of nothing. Floss, toothpick and yarn yeah I can whip a killer present and it would be loved by the recipient. Maybe – Haha! But taking a picture of the things I’ve made. Well, now I’m not very good at that. Continue reading
I’ve been learning new things! No really lots of new things. Now I’ve decided to get into sand blasting and have been trying it out on wine glasses. Thinking they turned out pretty good. Also designing some custom signage, but starting with the easier item – haha!
Plus its fun to make a product and get to use it daily 😉 Continue reading
Eating better. Everyone is on the bandwagon. At least they were until 40ish days ago. Haha!
I always try. But sometimes a good pizza really does fill the carb void. And since I’m horrible making pizza dough, it’s a few and far between treat for us. But lucky for me the hubs loves fresh food. Continue reading
Sausage Spinach Tortellini SOup
I have been craving soup. Which makes me think I’m getting sick. Even today I got home from work and went straight to bed to take a nap. And that’s after I drank a cup of coffee. So… Yeah possibly getting sick. Continue reading
It’s the first day of the month and I thought it would be fun to take a daily moment and post a picture of some of my signs I sell. Primarily the two in the right hand corner of the picture that are for the Hilsinger’s (hey that’s me!)
Making these little signs has been a lot more fun then I thought it was going to be. I got in to making signs Continue reading